The 2020 USFA Western Nationals will be held in Beaumont, TX at the Ford Park Sports Complex. USFA created this event 5 years ago as a National Level event for teams that were not going to be in a position to travel to a summer destination National Event such as USFA World Series in Panama City Beach. This event last year was played as a Night event, but is shifting back to a traditional tournament. The Opening Ceremony Party will be held on Thursday night 7/16 at 8pm indoors at one of our Hotel Partners Ballrooms. DJ Dominique is going to come back to rock out the night for the girls, and we are going to do the traditional team tug of war tournament. Our strategy is to host this event later in the evening Thursday to give teams time to travel up after the rush hour period. The Beaumont area hotel partners are prepared to give your teams some great deals on rooms, and we are expecting this event to be a great experience for the teams!
Schedule of Events:
- Entry Payments Due 7/7/20
- Coaches Meeting Thursday 7/16/20 7pm (Location TBD)
- Entry Wristbands will be sold at coaches meeting (1 Coach + Guest are allowed to attend meeting)
- Opening Ceremonies Party will begin 8pm Thursday 7/16 (Location TBD)
- Annual “Tug of War” Tournament for each division
- Pin Trading to take place at Opening Ceremonies (Teams asked to bring pins; not required)
Plan is for seeding games to start Friday late morning around 11am with bracket play completing on Friday evening. Games will be spread out to ensure teams are not playing back to back to minimize the time in the heat. Bracket will begin on Saturday morning concluding Sunday.
- Format: 5GG 3 Seeding Pool Games on Friday; Double Elimination Bracket starting on Saturday
- Entry Fee $350 (8u $250)
- 65 Min Games
- PAP Umpire Fee $40
- Teams that finish in the top 3 will get customer Western Nationals rings an a commemorative plaque
- Gate Fee daily $7 12 & up (Weekend Pass $15)
- Note-there is no qualification requirements for this event! Sign up and play..
Divisions: 8u, 10u, 12u, 14u, 16u, & 18u
*Classifications will separated if there are 8 or more teams in a given division
Ford Park Rules:
No Metal Cleats
No Outside Food or Beverages (Team Cooler Tag will be give at check-in)
Tournament Director: Robert Guerrero
Field Directors: Charles Barnhouse
Event UIC: Dan Bubba Harris