|Alex Wilcox Classic Pool Play Rules
- The Home Team will be determined by tournament director prior to the game
- 2 balls will be furnished by tournament staff for each game. One new ball and one used ball. Each team needs to be prepared to throw in additional balls. The first game of each day will utilize two NEW balls.
- Pitching distance will be 43'
- No steel cleats will be allowed
- No protest allowed. The tournament staff provides a UIC at each park
- 1:30 Minute game times, FINISH THE BATTER
- In the event of inclement weather, automatic 10 minute rain delay rule in effect. If play cannot resume after 10 minutes, that round of games may be CANCELLED by the tournament director. There will be no make-up games.
- Any unaddressed items are governed by ASA rules.
- Team rosters will allow for as many players to bat as desired
- Free defensive substitutions
- Courtesy runners must be last BATTED out unless that batter was a pitcher or catcher
- RUN RULES DO NOT APPLY! Regardless of the final score, we will only post a victory margin of 7 or less runs.
- POOL GAMES are non-seeding games.
Alex Wilcox Classic Elimination Rules
- Brakcets will be done via blind draw.
- ASA RULES GOVERN BRACKET PLAY. Decisions on the field are FINAL.
- NO PROTEST ALLOWED. The tournament staff provides for a UIC at each park. Game and umpire disputes will be handled by the UIC
- TIME LIMIT: No new inning will begin after one hour, 30 minutes from completion of the pre-game conference at home plate. Game time will be kept by the umpires on the field. A new inning starts with the THIRD out of the previous inning.
- HOME TEAM: Coin flip by umpires during pregame conference determine home team.
- RUN RULES: 15 runs after 3 innings, 12 runs after 4 innings, 8 runs after 5 innings.
- SEEDING: Was done by the selection committee utilizing a blind draw.
- 2 balls will be furnished by the tournament staff for each game. One new ball and one used ball. Each team needs to be prepared to throw in additional balls. the first game of each day will utilize two NEW balls.
- IN THE EVENT OF WEATHER, ASA rules apply. The UIC/Tournament director will determine when the games will re-start and reserve the right to change future game times to accommodate championship play.
- A GAME is defined by ASA code
- FORFEIT TIME: Game time is forfeit time, unless a team is held up by a late-running game. In order to stay on schedule, teams should be prepared to begin play as early as 15 minutes prior to their scheduled game time.
- INTERNATIONAL TIE BREAKER: ASA rules govern play.